Stress Awareness Month
Stress Awareness Month has been held every April since 1992 to raise awareness of the causes and cures for our modern stress epidemic. The last two years have been the most challenging we have all faced in recent times. Throughout this period and beyond, we have been overwhelmed by our customers and organisations seeking to arrange in-person, virtual, and hybrid socials with the help of our pizza making kits.
Community & Nutrition
Our theme this month is community and nutrition, two of the primary factors that help reduce stress, whilst helping us to achieve our mission of bringing happiness and wellbeing to every home, with a Birtelli’s home pizza-making experience.
The Stress Awareness Society highlights that a lack of support can cause loneliness and isolation, which in turn lowers people’s well-being, impacts mental health and can lead to mental illness. Social isolation is an important risk factor for both deteriorating mental health and suicide. As we emerge from the pandemic, it’s vital that the community support, experienced by many people during this challenging time continues. Although restrictions have mainly been lifted, people need support now more than ever as they adjust to a new way of living.
The pandemic has had a hugely detrimental effect on the nation’s mental health and sense of community. Disrupted social lives, the cancellation of large gatherings, travel restrictions and working from home have kept us in one place for long periods of time. However, one of the positives that have emerged from the pandemic has been community spirit and the use of technology to foster togetherness.
7 reasons why making food and eating together helps:
- 1. Encourages togetherness and a real sense of belonging.
- 2. Fosters happy, well-adjusted kids and adults.
- 3. Helps us cope because we’re encouraged to talk, exposing us to new ideas, tips and advice.
- 4. Encourages better nutrition because we’re more selective about our food choices.
- 5. Helps prevent weight problems because we learn to eat healthy, correctly portioned meals.
- 6. Saves time and money compared to making or buying meals for one.
- 7. Is fun and enjoyable!
When we are stressed many of us will turn to junk food for a short-term fix. When we don’t eat well, it affects our physical and mental well-being and becomes a vicious stress cycle. It’s well documented that what we eat impacts the functioning of our digestive, immune, and nervous systems. All the physiological stuff that keep us healthy, happy, and well.
Our ethos for good, honest, natural, is key to our relationship with food. How so?
- Know where your food comes from. We’re proud to tell you about the origins of our ingredients and produce. Meticulously selected to ensure the highest quality, from British producers and suppliers.
- Award-winning British ingredients. Produced by families who have a passion for traditional methods and crafts to create artisan food packed with taste and nutrition.
- No science. No junk. We trust in the food we serve you. Ensuring it’s real food, with no hidden nasties!
- Good, honest, natural food is both delicious, nutritious, and healthier.
It is well regarded, if not a certainty, that everyone loves pizza! By its very nature, it’s designed to be enjoyed by all and shared with many. When it becomes nutritious, healthier, and convenient to make, it becomes the ideal way to bring us together and feel happy.